Simply Relevant / Chocolate Boutique is a six week Bible series that will help you develop relationships with other women as you grow in your relationship with God. OK, so what's a Bible series got to do with chocolate, you ask? Well, this series is all about God's grace----how richly , extravagantly, and surprisingly he indulges us with his love and grace. And what better metaphor for grace is there than chocolate?
Last Wednesday some of my friends and I started this Bible series. I found this book at a Christian Book store in town, a few weeks ago, and thought it would be fun to do it with my friends. So I sent out an invite to all of them ,but unafortunately, not everybody was able to attend.
On our first session we talked about "God's grace is surprising". God can surprise us with his grace every day; when we are not asking for it, when we are not living for him, when we don't deserve it, he is still there for us giving us grace.
Every week before we start our Bible study, we have an experience part, last week since we were talking about "God's grace is surprising", I wrapped chocolate kisses with yarn , and as the girls pulled the string the chocolate would fall and "suprise" them.
We had a great time learning about God's grace, I pray that every session is a blessing to each one of us, and that it makes a difference in our lives.
I don't have pictures of the first session, but I will take some of the next session and post them.
Memory Verse:
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11
Last Wednesday some of my friends and I started this Bible series. I found this book at a Christian Book store in town, a few weeks ago, and thought it would be fun to do it with my friends. So I sent out an invite to all of them ,but unafortunately, not everybody was able to attend.
On our first session we talked about "God's grace is surprising". God can surprise us with his grace every day; when we are not asking for it, when we are not living for him, when we don't deserve it, he is still there for us giving us grace.
Every week before we start our Bible study, we have an experience part, last week since we were talking about "God's grace is surprising", I wrapped chocolate kisses with yarn , and as the girls pulled the string the chocolate would fall and "suprise" them.
We had a great time learning about God's grace, I pray that every session is a blessing to each one of us, and that it makes a difference in our lives.
I don't have pictures of the first session, but I will take some of the next session and post them.
Memory Verse:
For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11
No comments:
Post a Comment